Position Title: Senior Electrical Project Engineer
Department: Electrical Design Group
Reports to: Vice-President Engineering and Production
Supervises: No direct supervisory duties
The Senior Electrical Project Engineer, under the supervision and guidance of the Vice-President Engineering and Production, is responsible for the design of electrical distribution and control systems as well as provide project management in support of L.V. Control’s mandate.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Design electrical distribution and control systems according to customer specifications, including preparation of the electrical schematics and panel layouts using AutoCAD.
- Provide project management, cost tracking, and scheduling for various technical projects.
- Assume a broad scope of post-sale responsibilities including design approval, documentation accuracy and quality assurance, and on-time delivery of final product.
- Provide support to internal departments such as Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Technical Support.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of engineering and drawing standards.
Education and Training:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Member of or eligible for membership in, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba.
- Experience in electrical distribution, control systems and switch gear design.
- Experience in project management and safety techniques an asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of project management techniques.
- Knowledge of CSA standards and the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Knowledge of CAD software packages, particularly AutoCAD Electrical.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution and control systems.
- Knowledge of computer systems, data communication systems and software, including Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to lead project teams, manage multiple projects, balance priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
Interested applicants should forward a written resume and cover letter, stating date of availability and salary expectations, to the undersigned by July 16, 2017.
Gaëtanne Morais, MBA, CPA, CMA
Director- Finance and Administration
L.V. Control Mfg. Ltd.
660 Golspie Street Winnipeg, MB R2K 2V1
We thank all those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.