Position Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Department: Finance and Administration Group
Reports to: Director – Finance and Administration
Supervises: No direct supervisory duties
Date Posted: April 8, 2013
The Purchasing Coordinator, under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Purchasing staff, is responsible for developing and implementing strategic and operational approaches for the procurement of materials and services. This position is anticipated to quickly evolve into a senior role within the company based on the qualifications and performance of the candidate.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepare purchase orders and price/supply agreements, including negotiation with suppliers as necessary.
- Initiate and lead group meetings involving suppliers and other departments to establish and maintain advantageous positions and relationships.
- Support estimating by providing price lists and estimates.
- Responsible for analyzing market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepare market analysis reports.
- Arrange for transportation of purchased products to appropriate receiving facility and research competitive transportation rates.
Education and Training:
- Post secondary education specializing in supply chain management or logistics.
- Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) or Supply Chain Management Purchaser (SCMP) designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum of five years procurement experience.
- Previous manufacturing industry and electrical field experience considered an asset.
- Experience in a just-in-time (JIT) manufacturing environment would be an asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong initiative and follow up skills.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry and electrical specifications, methods and procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
Interested applicants should forward a written resume and cover letter, stating date of availability and salary expectations, to the undersigned by April 24, 2013.
Gaëtanne Morais, MBA, CMA
Director- Finance and Administration
L.V. Control Mfg. Ltd.
660 Golspie Street
Winnipeg, MB R2K 2V1
We thank all those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.